pradeep.ism Offline
Edulix Frequent User

pradeep.ism Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
PhD Openings in CS available
Dear PhD Applicants,

My name is Pradeep Kumar. I am a faculty in the Department of Computer Science, William and Mary. I am leading the research in the data lab, and looking for new talents to be part of it starting from Spring and/or Fall 2020.

My group does research in the systems side of Big Data Analytics and Machine learning. This roughly translate to IO and Storage Systems, Distributed Systems, Parallel Computing, Data Management and NoSQL store. If you are interested in doing research on any aspect of data that will accelerate the data-led innovation, do not hesitate to send me an email with your CV to initiate the discussion.

Prospective student should be self-motivated, and be willing to learn new stuff. Good standing in your class, and some work experience may work in your favor. Background in CS is preferred, but students from other streams are welcome provided they have taken a few computer science courses, as determined by the admission committee.

William and Mary is the second oldest university in the USA, and is a public Ivy. It is also referred as "the Alma Mater of the Nation". As per US news ranking, it ranks 12 in best public schools, 40 in National university, and 68 in computer Science. It values teaching and research both, and ranks 5 in teaching as per US News ranking. As per csrankings.org, it ranks 48 in Computer Systems research.

William and Mary is located in the city of Williamsburg. The city served as the capital of the Colony and Commonwealth of Virginia from 1699 to 1780. It is a historic city with many tourist attractions.

Pradeep Kumar
Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science
Email: pkumar at wm.edu
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~pkumar/
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019 06:14 PM by pradeep.ism.)
09-13-2019 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread