School of Mgt., Univ.at Buffalo (SUNY) - MS in MIS program
maddy1621 Offline

maddy1621 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: School of Mgt., Univ.at Buffalo (SUNY) - MS in MIS program
(01-24-2017 10:43 AM)Yashrathi Wrote:  @[maddy1621]

Thanks maddy for the information.
I had to choose between Carlson MSBA and SUNY MIS. Went with SUNY because of hopeful high ROI.

Waiting for other ambitious decisions right now! *fingers crossed*

Congrats! Patience is the key.

Fall 2015 | OkState | MIS
Profile Evaluation Guide

MIS Mega Sticky
Rate me if i was helpful!!
Skype Guidance Sessions
I am responsible for what I say.Not what you understand.
01-26-2017 04:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
UBMIS2014 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

UBMIS2014 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

(01-24-2017 09:25 AM)maddy1621 Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 03:41 PM)Yashrathi Wrote:  Anyone who can list down the placement statistics of 2016? Would be really helpful.

COmpared to previous years, the on campus placements were low.

However, a good number of students were able to bag an offer through campus placements and career fair. In the end, everyone got a job offer using different means career fairs, self, references, and staffing agencies.

You should've asked them in which year the on campus placements were high. Also, aren't the first two quoted lines contradicting ?

I'm a former student and from what I've seen over the years, most students find their own opportunities. A handful that make it to the usual suspects (big 4) is an exception.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 12:33 PM by UBMIS2014.)
01-29-2017 12:32 PM
nothing@27 Offline
New Edulixian

nothing@27 Offline
New Edulixian

I got an admit from SUNY for MIS. I was supposed to submit financial documents and confirm my admit before 15th Feb. I submitted financial documents on 13th feb but still I didn't receive UB number to confirm my admit. Today I received email to obtain i-20 documents through express courier. Could anyone please explain what is the process?

Thanks,
Hit
02-18-2017 11:49 AM
Yashrathi Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Yashrathi Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Any current student here who can shed some light on the current job scenario at SUNY?
02-24-2017 09:32 AM
sri8707 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

sri8707 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

(02-24-2017 09:32 AM)Yashrathi Wrote:  Any current student here who can shed some light on the current job scenario at SUNY?

Definitely not as good as the previous years due to the visa issues, but things are improving.
07-01-2017 09:28 AM
MONK_MIS Offline
New Edulixian

MONK_MIS Offline
New Edulixian

Hi,

I have around 8 years of work ex, of which 4.5 years have been in Singapore. I did my part time MBA from singapore, and have been working in banking IT. I always wanted to do an MS from US. Infact, in 2013, I did receive an admit from SUNY buffalo MIS program, but due to some personal emergency, could not make it.

Now, I want to reapply. I understand I am a bit late, but then I think its better than never.

Can you pl. advise what are my chances of admit. Will my experience be a hindrance.
I find everything apt with SUNY-good school, affordable fees, chance to learn again, and the program finished in a year.

My GMAT score is 690. TOEFL was in 2013, but scored 107 then. It will be great if someone can help advise.

maddy1621
sri8707
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017 12:04 PM by MONK_MIS.)
08-26-2017 11:59 AM
sri8707 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

sri8707 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

(08-26-2017 11:59 AM)MONK_MIS Wrote:  Hi,

I have around 8 years of work ex, of which 4.5 years have been in Singapore. I did my part time MBA from singapore, and have been working in banking IT. I always wanted to do an MS from US. Infact, in 2013, I did receive an admit from SUNY buffalo MIS program, but due to some personal emergency, could not make it.

Now, I want to reapply. I understand I am a bit late, but then I think its better than never.

Can you pl. advise what are my chances of admit. Will my experience be a hindrance.
I find everything apt with SUNY-good school, affordable fees, chance to learn again, and the program finished in a year.

My GMAT score is 690. TOEFL was in 2013, but scored 107 then. It will be great if someone can help advise.

@[maddy1621]
@[sri8707]

Hi, your profile has great chance of getting an admit. I presume you are planning to join next Fall? By that time, you would be having 9 years experience. I would ask you to re-consider your thoughts of doing Masters. But if you have some real plans of doing Masters, your profile won't act as a hindrance.
08-27-2017 12:05 AM
Lovekesh92 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Lovekesh92 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 4
Hi All,

Greetings!!

I have a question regarding LOR's. I am applying for fall 2018 MIS. Admission guidelines mentions that we need 2 LOR's. Can anyone please tell me that can both of them be from work or one from college and one from work. Currently i have 3+ years of experience and will be completing 4 before joining college. With that much experience, shouldn't both LOR's be from my office?

Also, my tenure in current company is of about 9 months and 2.5 years in my previous company. Can the LOR's be from my previous company or should they be from my current company? Also (just putting it out if needed) my education background is IT.

maddy1621
sri8707
09-11-2017 10:13 PM
sri8707 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

sri8707 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

(09-11-2017 10:13 PM)Lovekesh92 Wrote:  Hi All,

Greetings!!

I have a question regarding LOR's. I am applying for fall 2018 MIS. Admission guidelines mentions that we need 2 LOR's. Can anyone please tell me that can both of them be from work or one from college and one from work. Currently i have 3+ years of experience and will be completing 4 before joining college. With that much experience, shouldn't both LOR's be from my office?

Also, my tenure in current company is of about 9 months and 2.5 years in my previous company. Can the LOR's be from my previous company or should they be from my current company? Also (just putting it out if needed) my education background is IT.

@[maddy1621]
@[sri8707]

There are no hard rules on obtaining the LORs and i don't believe that LORs act as a criteria for selecting/rejecting a candidate. It is better to get LORs from the person who knew you for quite some time. As you have 2.5 years experience in your previous company, you should obtain one letter from them. The other letter, you can get from someone in your current company, or from any professor whom you know since your college days.
09-19-2017 02:02 AM
maddy1621 Offline

maddy1621 Offline

My 2 cents.

LOR's come in handy if it comes from a well known personnel (could be a researcher int he field, famous professor and so on) who can vouch for your candidacy. Or from a person who the faculty/other staff of the XYZ college trust or know in person. It add's lot of value especially if it is someone from the United States. That's the whole concept of LOR's.

It is similar to how it works while recruiting someone for a fulltime job at any company.

Otherwise it doesn't matter much.

Fall 2015 | OkState | MIS
Profile Evaluation Guide

MIS Mega Sticky
Rate me if i was helpful!!
Skype Guidance Sessions
I am responsible for what I say.Not what you understand.
09-24-2017 06:20 AM
jainpeeyush20 Offline
Edulix Active Member

jainpeeyush20 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hello,

I am applying to MIS course at UB. My application is still shown as incomplete. The only things pending are Bank Document, International Applicant Financial Form and Official Score. However, as I understand, none of this document is mandatory. Then what can be the reason for the status to be shown incomplete. Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Deadline is on 15th Nov.
11-13-2017 06:57 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread