maddy1621 Offline

maddy1621 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: University of Illinois, Chicago
abhinav173

1. @[Edulixusername]
this is the way to tag some one.
2. I dint get your message. was it a question/suggestion?
3. If you are trying to comparee it . Plz post in respective thread in Univ Comparsion or create one.

Fall 2015 | OkState | MIS
Profile Evaluation Guide

MIS Mega Sticky
Rate me if i was helpful!!
Skype Guidance Sessions
I am responsible for what I say.Not what you understand.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2016 11:47 PM by maddy1621.)
02-21-2016 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 1
Hi,

I received a congratulatory mail from UIC for MS in MIS program on 25th Feb 2016 (I had applied on 2nd Feb 2016). The mail states that I'm "departmentally recommended". It does not mention anything about when should I confirm my place for Fall (it does ask for Summer - to be confirmed by 1st March), no details of documents required has been mentioned as to when I would have to post those for verification.

I have few concerns about UIC and would be glad if someone can answer those.

1. UIC is quite expensive. I wanted to know how easy it is to find internships and on campus jobs? WHat about fee waivers? How difficult is it to get those?

2. How is the job scenario for UIC grads? Do they get jobs easily?

3. The mail mentions I'll have to take 52 credit hours. How long would be the length of the course?

Thanks,
Srikaa
02-26-2016 08:11 PM
akhilman78 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

akhilman78 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 5
(02-26-2016 08:11 PM)Srikaa Wrote:  Hi,

I received a congratulatory mail from UIC for MS in MIS program on 25th Feb 2016 (I had applied on 2nd Feb 2016). The mail states that I'm "departmentally recommended". It does not mention anything about when should I confirm my place for Fall (it does ask for Summer - to be confirmed by 1st March), no details of documents required has been mentioned as to when I would have to post those for verification.

1. UIC is quite expensive. I wanted to know how easy it is to find internships and on campus jobs? WHat about fee waivers? How difficult is it to get those?

3. The mail mentions I'll have to take 52 credit hours. How long would be the length of the course?

Thanks,
Srikaa

Confirming for the Fall isn't needed. It's considered to be that way automatically, unless you say otherwise or report that you're dropping the opportunity.

v.gd/UICMISGroup2016

Check the pinned post on the fb group in the above link. It should give you a fair idea about Summer and Fall, and which one would be better for you. All the other details you asked for would be on the pdf there, I believe.

Seems that it's not very easy. Like in most universities, you'll have to put a lot of effort by yourself into getting a full time position.

It seems to me that you have 5 prereqs, in which case I'd suggest Summer. Mail Liz and ask which prereqs you've been assigned, to confirm.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

02-27-2016 07:03 PM
maddy1621 Offline

maddy1621 Offline

Thanks,
Srikaa

Srikaa
before you post any questions have a look at the thread once. Most of the answers are available already.

Profile Evaluation Guide

MIS Mega Sticky
Skype Guidance Sessions
02-28-2016 12:05 AM
Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(02-27-2016 07:03 PM)akhilman78 Wrote:  

Thanks,
Srikaa

Confirming for the Fall isn't needed. It's considered to be that way automatically, unless you say otherwise or report that you're dropping the opportunity.

v.gd/UICMISGroup2016

Check the pinned post on the fb group in the above link. It should give you a fair idea about Summer and Fall, and which one would be better for you. All the other details you asked for would be on the pdf there, I believe.

Seems that it's not very easy. Like in most universities, you'll have to put a lot of effort by yourself into getting a full time position.

It seems to me that you have 5 prereqs, in which case I'd suggest Summer. Mail Liz and ask which prereqs you've been assigned, to confirm.

Thanks for this link. The fb page is very helpful! Smile
02-28-2016 04:47 PM
Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(02-28-2016 12:05 AM)maddy1621 Wrote:  

Thanks,
Srikaa

@[Srikaa]
before you post any questions have a look at the thread once. Most of the answers are available already.

Okay, thank you! Got most of the answers! Smile
02-28-2016 04:59 PM
Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Srikaa Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(02-28-2016 04:47 PM)Srikaa Wrote:  

Thanks,
Srikaa

v.gd/UICMISGroup2016

akhilman78, can you please provide me the fb link of MIS Fall 2016 for University of Maryland? I have received my admit from that too. Thanks in advance!
03-09-2016 10:00 PM
mysterygirl123 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

mysterygirl123 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 2
Hi,

Can I have the link for the FB page of UIC?

03-12-2016 11:29 PM
akhilman78 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

akhilman78 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 5
(03-09-2016 10:00 PM)Srikaa Wrote:  
(02-28-2016 04:47 PM)Srikaa Wrote:  

Thanks,
Srikaa

v.gd/UICMISGroup2016

@[akhilman78], can you please provide me the fb link of MIS Fall 2016 for University of Maryland? I have received my admit from that too. Thanks in advance!
Don't know about it.

(03-12-2016 11:29 PM)mysterygirl123 Wrote:  Hi,

Can I have the link for the FB page of UIC?
Page or group? Both should come up with a search. If you meant group, I've mentioned the link above.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2016 01:15 PM by akhilman78.)
03-13-2016 01:14 PM
ravi.garimella Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ravi.garimella Offline
Edulix Frequent User

undefined
03-15-2016 03:31 AM
ravi.garimella Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ravi.garimella Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Hi All,

I have submitted a 1-page bank statement along with a 1-page sponsor affidavit of support. My sponsor has signed in both the douments.

I got a update from the university asking me to resubmite again with sponsor signature on 2nd page.

Can anyone please let me know what is the 2nd page they are refering to?
04-04-2016 09:58 AM
sourabh24 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sourabh24 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Re: University of Illinois, Chicago
I have got admit for fall 2016.
They have e-mailed regarding my.uic.edu and how this portal will help through enrollment. At end of the email they have mentioned that if you don't want to attend UIC, then reply to this mail about it.
I have 4 more decisions pending.

So should i open the account? Will it be considered as i have accepted the offer?
Seniors please help!

04-07-2016 08:18 PM
maddy1621 Offline

maddy1621 Offline

(04-07-2016 08:18 PM)sourabh24 Wrote:  I have got admit for fall 2016.
They have e-mailed regarding my.uic.edu and how this portal will help through enrollment. At end of the email they have mentioned that if you don't want to attend UIC, then reply to this mail about it.
I have 4 more decisions pending.

So should i open the account? Will it be considered as i have accepted the offer?
Seniors please help!

sourabh24

Check the decision letter and also mail the adcom+Bschool+Grad college that you are accepting the offer

unless you mail them about your decision they will not cancel your admit. and if you don reserve the seat in given timeline then there is a chance that you might loose your seat

Profile Evaluation Guide

MIS Mega Sticky
Skype Guidance Sessions
04-08-2016 12:04 PM
ravi.garimella Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ravi.garimella Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Seniors, can you please reply to post# 3927. Thanks.
04-11-2016 02:11 PM
speedbiker108 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

speedbiker108 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 3
ravi.garimella You should mail the school for further clarification.

Alternatively check if there is a second page if not this might be an error on their part. Its happens more often than you think Razz

(04-04-2016 09:58 AM)ravi.garimella Wrote:  Hi All,

I have submitted a 1-page bank statement along with a 1-page sponsor affidavit of support. My sponsor has signed in both the douments.

I got a update from the university asking me to resubmite again with sponsor signature on 2nd page.

Can anyone please let me know what is the 2nd page they are refering to?

||Active for Fall 2017 Questions,please tag! || My InfoBank || Profile Evaluation Guide || If I was useful, Rate Me !

"Lehr und Kunst" Proud to be an Engineer!

Tag Me for queries related to Visa Financials, DS-160 , MIS Profile Evaluations and WPI.

Currently busy with Graduate Course Work expect late replies, but I will reply.
04-14-2016 08:32 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread