Queries regarding TU Delft
balaji9300 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

balaji9300 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 5
Unisearch: Link
RE: Queries regarding TU Delft
Congrats Gowtham !! join the whatsapp group!!

(02-02-2017 12:29 AM)Gowtham7 Wrote:  Got the admit letter for M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering!
02-08-2017 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
shivam_m7 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

shivam_m7 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 4
Hi,
Can anyone shed light on TU Delft vs KTH Royal Institute of Technology for MSc. in Computer Science.

Please evaluate on following criteria:
1. Reputation for getting interview calls after completion for jobs in EU
2. Language skills required.
3. Internships/Research in ML.
03-24-2017 10:58 PM
Rogue Offline

Rogue Offline

For any of the computer science and associated areas you don't need language skills for jobs.

As for your questions about research in ML, I suppose perusing the respective websites could be helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have much information but I know the CS department in Delft is usually quite good and the curriculum is very intense for sure. But then people have landed PhDs and jobs in the US thereafter, so I would assume it is of a good caliber. Within EU, TU delft has a very good reputation as a university. Trust me on that. If your CV says TU delft you should be able to get interview calls assuming everything else in your CV meets the requirements of the company and you have a good profile in general.

PhD, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie(HZB)
ChemE|UG internships|Profile|EU Visas
04-19-2017 02:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
shivam_m7 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

shivam_m7 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(04-19-2017 02:11 AM)Rogue Wrote:  For any of the computer science and associated areas you don't need language skills for jobs.

As for your questions about research in ML, I suppose perusing the respective websites could be helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have much information but I know the CS department in Delft is usually quite good and the curriculum is very intense for sure. But then people have landed PhDs and jobs in the US thereafter, so I would assume it is of a good caliber. Within EU, TU delft has a very good reputation as a university. Trust me on that. If your CV says TU delft you should be able to get interview calls assuming everything else in your CV meets the requirements of the company and you have a good profile in general.
Edit: This is the third edit to post. After feeling like a smartass and comparing two universities; my opinion has changed and I finally understand what Rogue is trying to say about TU Delft.

Thanks for the reply Rogue

The things that matter the most are course contents and how they are aligned to my interests. TU Delft has recently updated their website with example subjects and what they teach in the Software Technology track and Data Science and technology track.

And oh my God, they have the best curriculum and tracks aiming at the industry that I have ever seen.

I liked the research happening at TU Delft earlier also, but I didn't know how subjects are taught there. And it's exciting to see how they teach every subject with a real-world application in mind.

Thanks, TU Delft for updating your website on the right time or I would have missed this awesome opportunity. Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2017 01:24 AM by shivam_m7.)
04-19-2017 02:36 AM
harshs Offline
Edulix Senior Member

harshs Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 2
rouge I don't want to steal the thread but any help on University of Amsterdam? Reviews about the university, compared to Tu Delft?
I am thinking of applying for PhD position at UvA and I cannot find much help about the university here on edulix. Do you know any seniors?

07-09-2017 07:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rogue Offline

Rogue Offline

harshs UvA is pretty good as a university. Ofcourse, TU Delft is certainly better as it is a technical university unlike UvA which has every non technical field too but in Europe one can hardly rank universities like they do in the US. Especially for PhD positions. Because PhD vacancies are like jobs and depends totally on the funding that the professor has. I think you should check the research group and compare their activities and publications etc.

PhD, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie(HZB)
ChemE|UG internships|Profile|EU Visas
07-10-2017 12:16 AM
alimurtaza53 Offline
New Edulixian

alimurtaza53 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
RE: Queries regarding TU Delft - Civil Engineering
Hey fellas!

Greetings....

My name's AliMurtaza. Link to my infobank - http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=313736

Could you please evaluate my profile for a Masters in Civil Engineering (Transportation majors) at TU Delft if you are familiar with it?

I hold a Bachelors in Civil Engineering and owing to my work in Public Policy, am interested in Complex Systems Engineering(earlier known as Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management Program) specializing in Transportation and Logistics in the Faculty of Technology, Policy, and Management. Does any one happen to know anything/anyone in this program in regards to

- Placements
- scholarships
- kind of profiles admitted

Thanks!!
08-12-2017 05:36 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread