SridharAshokk Offline
Edulix Super Senior

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: German Visa
Mine was almost 2 years when I applied and I still got without any hassle

My Infobank
---------------
Germany - Student Visa guide || I am not able to frequent Edulix these days. Tag the other evaluators from this thread for quicker responses. If its an urgent query, I will reply.
Saarland CS || TU Dresden - MCL || EMCL
Tag me in threads for German/EU - CS programs
12-13-2013 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Naveen Papanna Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Naveen Papanna Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Hi,

Do German consulate consider TOEFL score for approving VISA?
Because my TOEFL score is 80.
12-13-2013 11:09 AM
SridharAshokk Offline
Edulix Super Senior

SridharAshokk Offline
Edulix Super Senior

Naveen Papanna

Yes. You need a TOEFL score while applying for visa. IMO, 90+ is safe. Wait for others to reply too about the safe score. But TOEFL is mandatory

My Infobank
---------------
Germany - Student Visa guide || I am not able to frequent Edulix these days. Tag the other evaluators from this thread for quicker responses. If its an urgent query, I will reply.
Saarland CS || TU Dresden - MCL || EMCL
Tag me in threads for German/EU - CS programs
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013 12:26 PM by SridharAshokk.)
12-13-2013 11:47 AM
pravoobi Offline
New Edulixian

pravoobi Offline
New Edulixian

Hi,

My Toefl report has not yet arrived but scores are available. Does the normal print of webpage will be accepted for VI?

Also please confirm how many days it takes for money transfer to Blocked account.
02-19-2014 03:48 AM
nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
pravoobi

You questions have already been answered in this thread and also a couple more threads in the forum. Please make use of Edugoogle before posting queries.

02-19-2014 04:30 AM
thatgeeman Offline
Edulix Frequent User

thatgeeman Offline
Edulix Frequent User

nimbus_2000
SridharAshokk
adi09 yogi1

Hi, this is regarding the fund transfer to my blocked account. I applied for the blocked account, with the blocked amount mentioned as 9500€ in the opening application. So once I got noti from bank saying my blocked account has been opened with no funds in it, I transferred 9500€ at 70.70 INR from UAE Exchange. Next day I got a mail from bank confirming the transfer (dint expect DB to respond in 24hrs!! Surprised). But only stating 9485€ as the blocked amount.
So should I transfer ~20€ again to make it the amount mentioned in my bank account opening form. (since the visa requirement is only 8040€ as of 2015, is it necessary to make it 9500?)
And the mail from bank also stated that the amount in my bank account is blocked and the same copy has been sent to the Concerned embassy.
You can see part of the letter sent by DB here: (Tut mir leid if external links are against forum rules) :

What do you guys think. Please respond quick as I am planning to appear for VI next week.

Update: added Screenshot of the letter from DB after fund transfer; corrected typos.

Universität Freiburg + Université de Strasbourg (Fall 2015)

My Infobank | My German Embassy Experience | Polymer Science Thread | Infobank Tutorial
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 05:30 PM by thatgeeman.)
07-08-2015 02:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
nimbus_2000 Offline

nimbus_2000 Offline

thatgeeman

From what I am able to understand, you changed the blocked amount from 8040 Euros to to 9500 Euros and now only 9485 Euros have been transferred to your account.

Since you got an email from DB confirming the transfer of amount and since this amount is greater than the required amount (8040 Euros), it shouldn't be a problem for the VI.

In the letter from DB, they mention the amount that has been transferred. As long as this amount is greater than the one required for the Visa, it should be a problem.

I don't understand why did you change the standard amount to 9500 Euros? The amount you transfer in excess of the required one, would have always been available for you to use. Or was it something prescribed by your university?

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 07:21 PM by nimbus_2000.)
07-08-2015 03:40 PM
thatgeeman Offline
Edulix Frequent User

thatgeeman Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Thank you for the reply nimbus_2000
I have attached a Screenshot of the scanned PDF sent by DB here: http://postimg.org/image/jyc153shr/

They have explicitly stated 9500€ in the document along with the funds presently available in the blocked account(9485€). Do you now think this is an issue?

And, I changed the blocked amount for no particular reason. Neither did the university or the embassy ask me to do the same. I did that just out of curiosity Very Happy
Also, I dint change the monthly limit of 670€. So maybe having a little extra than the required might put me on a safer side, I thought.

My Infobank | My German Embassy Experience | Polymer Science Thread | Infobank Tutorial
07-08-2015 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
zaraki Offline
Edulix Super Senior

zaraki Offline
Edulix Super Senior

thatgeeman

Hey, as far as I can recall, DB takes 50€ as service charge for the blocked account. So if you had transfered 8090€, the blocked amount would have been 8040€. What's a bit funny is they take only 15€ as service charge in your case !

I see no reason why people at the consulate would be upset about it being 9485 or 9500€, if they ask you can explain showing the document from DB.

Since DB takes service charge for the blocked account, if you are required to block money for the next year, may be you can look for another bank like Sparkasse instead of DB. With 50€ you have 12 döners and two masses of weissbier.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

MS Application Guide || Evaluating PhD Possibility || FAU Erlangn Thread || Info bank
Info bank now allows you to add Non-US Universities. Please update your Info bank.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 06:21 PM by zaraki.)
07-08-2015 06:20 PM
thatgeeman Offline
Edulix Frequent User

thatgeeman Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-08-2015 06:20 PM)zaraki Wrote:  @[thatgeeman]

Hey, as far as I can recall, DB takes 50€ as service charge for the blocked account. So if you had transfered 8090€, the blocked amount would have been 8040€. What's a bit funny is they take only 15€ as service charge in your case !

I see no reason why people at the consulate would be upset about it being 9485 or 9500€, if they ask you can explain showing the document from DB.

Since DB takes service charge for the blocked account, if you are required to block money for the next year, may be you can look for another bank like Sparkasse instead of DB. With 50€ you have 12 döners and two masses of weissbier.

Oh! If that's the service charge then it's ok. But I thought they would only charge the fee once we reach Germany and visit the Concerned branch for signing of service agreements. Are you sure about this? :/

And yes 50€ is a lot of money Very Happy

07-08-2015 06:55 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline

nimbus_2000 Offline

thatgeeman

No, it wouldn't be an issue. They need just 8040 Euros in the blocked account.
Don't you know that curiosity killed the cat. :/
For future applicants who are reading this, please don't try to sway away from the procedures mentioned CLEARLY on the embassy website. The Germans are sticklers for rules and their processes.

07-08-2015 07:16 PM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

The visa process is rather long and winding. Don't add to the confusion already prevailing.

Fall '14 applicant. Energy/Resources.

New to Edulix? Please fill your Infobank first!
Read the profile evaluation guidelines for Spring/Fall 2015.
Tag people like this: @[spiketospica]

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
09-16-2015 03:12 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread