VMEHTA Offline
Yogi

Likes Given: 5
Unisearch: Link
RE: Canadian Visa Process unveiled
tentative
parth1739

Sorry guys. No idea about Canada.

Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth. -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Found my posts helpful?, then please provide Reputation points HERE

My Unorthodox VI. || How to Fill Infobank || How to choose b/w colleges (Courtesy T_O) || Things to keep in mind while taking LOR
05-12-2017 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
trane293 Offline

trane293 Offline

Likes Given: 2
(05-11-2017 09:22 PM)parth1739 Wrote:  Hello guys,
I received an admit from U calgary for Ms Petroleum engg. My course duration is just 8 months so I came to know that the work visa which I will get will also be for 8 months only. However, someone told me that I can apply for Permanent resident through Express entry as they have relaxed the rules. Can anyone guide me on this?

@[trane293] @[VMEHTA] @[Edulix_Editor]

Yes, the rules are relaxed. However I would still advise against it. The reason is that the rules are relaxed for being "eligible", and not for actually immigrating there. There will be plenty of eligible entries in the Express Entry pool, but not all will be selected. To understand this better, here's a short version of the actual process of immigrating to Canada via Express Entry -

1) Check if you make the cut off score (which has been recently relaxed to a lower value than what it was a year back). Things like being married, having a spouse with IELTS score of 7.5+, having a bachelor's or master's or a doctorate, your current age, your children if any, contribute towards your score both positively and negatively. Check CIC website for more details.

2) Once eligibility is confirmed, apply for Express Entry. Do it via an experienced agent (yes, usually I hate them but in this case it can be beneficial to get good help).

3)To actually immigrate to Canada via Express Entry, you need to have a valid job offer in hand, from an employer who's willing to sponsor your PR. Wait for an employer to pick your file, and offer you job. As you might have guessed, this is the hardest part. There are files which have been in the pool like forever and get expired, and then some which get selected almost immediately.

4) While you wait, you cannot move to Canada, and have to stay in your home country.

5) As mentioned earlier, waiting can take anywhere between a few weeks, to months, to years.

In your case, go for your masters. Then during the 8 month work permit, try to extend the work visa (which is pretty easy, and common). Once you have a year worth of experience, apply for PR using the PNP scheme of that state. You should be good to go with a PR in about a year from that time.

(05-12-2017 11:15 AM)tentative Wrote:  Hi everyone,
While applying for the Canada Study permit, do I have to submit an affidavit of support on rs 100 stamp paper even if it is from my father? Or is a simple letter stating that he is sponsoring me sufficient?
Thanks in advance.
Tagging:
@[trane293]
@[mohitshsh]
@[Imagery@Apu]
@[Edulix_Editor]
@[VMEHTA]

Sorry I do not know anything about VISA process, so cannot reliably comment. To be safe, go for the stamped version.

Tag for Canadian Computer Science (CS) Evaluations
Ask me anything related to Canada!
InfoBank
Profile Evaluation Thread Guidelines 2017
List of Profile Evaluators 2017
05-12-2017 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
parth1739 Offline
Edulix Active Member

parth1739 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 3
trane293
So, you are saying that even if I am not able to secure a job within 8 months of time, I can still extend my stay there?

05-14-2017 03:49 PM
trane293 Offline

trane293 Offline

Likes Given: 2
(05-14-2017 03:49 PM)parth1739 Wrote:  @[trane293]
So, you are saying that even if I am not able to secure a job within 8 months of time, I can still extend my stay there?

No. To extend your work visa naturally you need a job and an employer willing to sponsor the extension. Unlike US its fairly easy for employers to file extension so most employers oblige and don't fuss about it.

Tag for Canadian Computer Science (CS) Evaluations
Ask me anything related to Canada!
InfoBank
Profile Evaluation Thread Guidelines 2017
List of Profile Evaluators 2017
05-14-2017 04:36 PM
mohitshsh Offline
Edulix Active Member

mohitshsh Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 0
(05-12-2017 11:15 AM)tentative Wrote:  Hi everyone,
While applying for the Canada Study permit, do I have to submit an affidavit of support on rs 100 stamp paper even if it is from my father? Or is a simple letter stating that he is sponsoring me sufficient?
Thanks in advance.

Hi tentative
I think I got it on a 10Rs stamp paper from court. It's been around 3 years so I'm a little hazy on the details. So AFAIK, on a stamp paper even if your parents are sponsoring it. As part of the application, I also got a valuation of my assets indicating that I had sound financial background and included this in the letter of explanation doc.

Hope this helps & am not too late.
Best of luck

05-29-2017 09:42 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread