Edulix
Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada (/showthread.php?tid=128973)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - Archaiser - 08-25-2014 09:31 AM

(08-24-2014 07:57 PM)spiketospica Wrote:  Action 1 and Action 2 are independent of each other. Action 1 is pretty straightforward as applications go; it's like most grad school applications. Action 2 is more confusing. You'll have to go through each Action 2 partnership webpage and find out if your citizenship makes you eligible. This, for example: http://www.areas.polito.it/ .

The "Partnership" is usually between 5-6 universities. In those universities, select programmes are eligible to come under Action 2.

After discussion with you, I checked for variuos programs available under Action 2 like : Swagata, INTACT, NAMASTE.

Problem1 : On their webpages, still there is no deadline info for 2015 intake. Moreover, it looks that they kind of renew their partnership and elligibility under EM every year, so one cant be sure if that particular program will be available for the next year ( until they show info on website).

Problem2 : most of them list the universities, but they dont list the program in those universities that can be funded. To add to the puzzle, even the universities website are not stating explicitly if the program is covered under Action 2 EM scholarship. for e.g. : http://www.indianamaste.eu/scholarships/objectives/
NAMASTE program, lists the universities and mentions to look at their websites, but if i checked Uo Groningen, I dont find any info about programs coming under Action 2! Brick wall

Kindly guide what to do ? Thanks for your time.

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - Archaiser - 09-06-2014 08:28 PM

@[The Khula Saand], @[spiketospica], @[gowthamtce]

Hello!

Does Prof Letting works for European universities : like ETH Zurich, KTH, EPFL, Eidenhoven ? I know that it does not work in Germany that way.

Secondly, HKUST is a great university in Hong Kong, but I could not find anything on it at Edulix, can any1 please guide me to appropriate edulix senior for HKUST?

Please share your views

Target : Masters, mech, Fall'15

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - vascoismad - 11-05-2014 07:51 AM

(03-20-2013 03:33 AM)The Khula Saand Wrote:  hey all blokes out there !!
Let me nailed the erasmus mundus grill for all of you future aspirants .

@[The Khula Saand]: sir, could you give some information on THRUST joint masters program of EM?
Also, my profile link is in my signature. would appreciate it very much if you could evaluate my chances of being accepted

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - ronybony90 - 02-17-2015 11:29 AM

Hello, I have been selected for Erasmus Mundus Masters in Computational Mechanics, Fall 2015. The email was sent to me yesterday night and it read like this this:

Quote:"Dear Applicant,

Your application for an Erasmus Mundus Studentship to pursue MSc Computational
Mechanics has received careful consideration. Despite the intensity of the competition, the
Erasmus Mundus Consortium was impressed with your application.

Although the Consortium has been unable to name you on the main list of nominations for
an Erasmus Mundus Studentship, they would like to name you as a RESERVE candidate
should one of the Studentship scholars withdraw from the programme or not meet the terms
of their offer. In the event that you become eligible for a Studentship, I will contact you
immediately. Please note that your application is very well ranked in the reserve list.

If you are interested in the possibility of self-funding your studies, please contact Lelia
Zielonka by email (lelia@cimne.upc.edu) and she will arrange for you to be issued with a
formal offer letter on the basis of being a privately funded student.

Yours sincerely,

Professor Pedro Diez
Master Director"

I am elated having being selected as well, as a little down since my name is on the reserve list for EM scholarship.

Can anybody help me tag senior, since no senior has been mentioned for MCM programme.

Also can any seniors who have already undergone EM masters course shed some light if anybody on the reserve list made it to main scholarship list.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - spiketospica - 02-17-2015 02:56 PM

@[scofield1144]; any idea?

Generally, making it to the main list is hard for the best EM programmes.

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - ronybony90 - 02-17-2015 04:35 PM

Another aspect I want some more info:

If I accept and I have been given formal offer letter on the basis of being a privately funded student, does my name in the reserve list for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship stays, for further consideration or become cancelled?

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - selva.masters - 02-17-2015 04:46 PM

Congrats for your admit.. all the best!

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - scofield1144 - 02-17-2015 05:56 PM

@[spiketospica]

Sorry I dont have any idea regarding this.

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - ronybony90 - 02-19-2015 10:50 PM

I found this website after hours of net surfing, and I thought this report ( or Minutes of Meeting) will shed some light on the procedure of how students are shortlisted for scholarships in main list and reserve list.

http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetailDoc&id=9410&no=1

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - selva.masters - 02-20-2015 01:59 PM

(02-19-2015 10:50 PM)ronybony90 Wrote:  I found this website after hours of net surfing, and I thought this report ( or Minutes of Meeting) will shed some light on the procedure of how students are shortlisted for scholarships in main list and reserve list.

http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetailDoc&id=9410&no=1

i might be wrong.. but, i feel this MOM is for a meet related to programme selection.. not the students for each prog..

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - parismulye - 02-21-2015 01:00 PM

(02-17-2015 11:29 AM)ronybony90 Wrote:  Hello, I have been selected for Erasmus Mundus Masters in Computational Mechanics, Fall 2015. The email was sent to me yesterday night and it read like this this:

Quote:"Dear Applicant,

Your application for an Erasmus Mundus Studentship to pursue MSc Computational
Mechanics has received careful consideration. Despite the intensity of the competition, the
Erasmus Mundus Consortium was impressed with your application.

Although the Consortium has been unable to name you on the main list of nominations for
an Erasmus Mundus Studentship, they would like to name you as a RESERVE candidate
should one of the Studentship scholars withdraw from the programme or not meet the terms
of their offer. In the event that you become eligible for a Studentship, I will contact you
immediately. Please note that your application is very well ranked in the reserve list.

If you are interested in the possibility of self-funding your studies, please contact Lelia
Zielonka by email (lelia@cimne.upc.edu) and she will arrange for you to be issued with a
formal offer letter on the basis of being a privately funded student.

Yours sincerely,

Professor Pedro Diez
Master Director"

I am elated having being selected as well, as a little down since my name is on the reserve list for EM scholarship.

Can anybody help me tag senior, since no senior has been mentioned for MCM programme.

Also can any seniors who have already undergone EM masters course shed some light if anybody on the reserve list made it to main scholarship list.

Thanks in advance.

@[ronybony90], Even I have got the same email and also one of my friend.
Apart from your queries, I have one more.

Q: When do we have to decide about the confirmation? (Accept it for self funded)

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - ronybony90 - 02-21-2015 02:59 PM

@[parismulye] I guess you can decide to send confirmation now only or you can wait till April end (when the final list comes out) to send your confirmation about being self funded student.

I have no idea who made it into main list. Generally only 2 people from each country makes it to the main list, to maintain geographical balance.

Quote:Even I have got the same email and also one of my friend.

Did you get the exact same pdf in the mail? I mean, did they say to you also that you are very well ranked in the reserve list?

Personally I feel of very less chance of making it to main list for obvious reasons Wink Wink Wink . So if you want to study EM MCM, better arrange 16k euro for tuition fees d'oh!d'oh!d'oh!d'oh!

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - parismulye - 02-21-2015 03:10 PM

(02-21-2015 02:59 PM)ronybony90 Wrote:  @[parismulye] I guess you can decide to send confirmation now only or you can wait till April end (when the final list comes out) to send your confirmation about being self funded student.

I have no idea who made it into main list. Generally only 2 people from each country makes it to the main list, to maintain geographical balance.

Did you get the exact same pdf in the mail? I mean, did they say to you also that you are very well ranked in the reserve list?

Personally I feel of very less chance of making it to main list for obvious reasons Wink Wink Wink . So if you want to study EM MCM, better arrange 16k euro for tuition fees d'oh!d'oh!d'oh!d'oh!

Yes. The mail says 'very well ranked in the list'. Shocked Even to my friend.
Hmm. April End it is then.

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - dschandana - 02-23-2015 06:31 PM

(02-21-2015 02:59 PM)ronybony90 Wrote:  @[parismulye] I guess you can decide to send confirmation now only or you can wait till April end (when the final list comes out) to send your confirmation about being self funded student.

Hi,

Even I got the same mail and same pdf..

I think that if once confirmed as self funding then they might take off our name in reserve list.

RE: Erasmus Mundus -the whole enchilada - dschandana - 02-25-2015 10:23 AM

Hi,

Who all have applied to MSc Computational Mechanics for fall 2015, kindly join this thread for discussions regarding funding and acceptance.

Also, I request seniors to guide us regarding the same

http://www.edulix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=167619