shastry.varun Offline
Edulix Frequent User

shastry.varun Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS
vindhya gade parismulye

Well firstly be sure if you are going to come here. Yes there is a lot of work assignments every week in quantum, parallel programming and PDE's. I warn you you wont have time to breath. At time math courses, quantum etc will be totally abstract but then if you know what you want to do then after your 1st year youll realise things aren't bad. Its though yes but its a course to push ppl into computational research so you cant complain.

And please do not assume that quantum and molecular dynamics have no role in "Mechanical Engineering" without doing adequate research into the fundamental areas you are involved in.

Its not qunatum computing course, it just quantum mechanics course. I myself know a couple of ppl who did mechanical and are completely into physics after joining the course. I too loved quantum so I'm planning to do something with engineering application(thermal). Few more who are totally into developing parallel codes. And also dont go by the handbook, lots of courses arent offered too. You can definitely take up thermal/fluids electives once you are here but I feel the whole purpose of the program is lost and most of them are offered in german etc etc and youll realise that spending all the time in enng courses is not worth it. If you are scared/have doubts/apprehensive about having to push yourself stay away. Not trying to scare you at all.

I have exams and I don't log into this place often. But you are always welcome to send me a mail for other details. I'd be happy to help/motivate say things as they are about this program.

02-21-2015 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - vindhya gade - 06-17-2012, 11:10 AM
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - Ganjasaurus - 06-17-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - ravieruva - 06-17-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - pssk1988 - 06-29-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - parismulye - 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - nimbus_2000 - 01-24-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: GRS-simulation Vs COMMAS - parismulye - 01-25-2015, 02:17 PM