Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012
Argentum Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Argentum Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Sweden Resident Permit Application 2012
billa, can I apply for a resident permit by printing the letter of admission from my email instead of waiting the hard copy version sent by post?

KTH said that they will sent the documents, including the instruction to apply for a resident permit. Do you think I should wait for the documents to arrive at home or apply for a resident permit directly by using the letter of admission in my email?

Thank you in advance Smile
05-20-2012 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

Argentum You should ask from the embassy if they can accept the print out of the email.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
05-20-2012 12:39 PM
vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-19-2012 03:00 PM)darklift Wrote:  @[vgovind23]
Visited the embassy day before yesterday. No, you do not have to fix an appointment. Just go to the Swedish embassy at 9 AM on any of the mentioned days.

You need
1. Original Bank Statement
2. Original Passport
3. Printout of the admission letter from antagning.se [All 3 pages]
4. 10th/12th or CBSE marksheet original [They didn't ask this for me, but asked it for another person I know]
5. Copy of Invoice from University

There isn't any interview. They'll give you a small form to fill and then ask you to go to the counter where you'll have to show these materials one by one. After which they'll take your photo, fingerprint. Bring 200 INR to get the resident permit couriered to you. That's it, was over for me in 10 mins.

And you don't have to worry if you made any mistakes in the online application. I attached the invoice from the university as proof of admission instead of the admission letter from antagning.se and the lady in the counter simply edited my online app with the printout I bought to her.

To those of you yet to apply, I'd suggest doing it online as it's much easier and you do not have to go to an interview which is mandatory if you submit the application offline.

Thanks darklift for the detailed reply Smile I have 1 more question. Do we have to pay 1st semester fees before applying for VISA or we can start with the application process? I have not received the fees invoice yet.

tagging
billa

05-20-2012 08:58 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 4
vgovind23
Hey, I think it'd be better if you give them a call and ask them. I paid the fees and they did ask for the invoice so I'm not sure if you can do it otherwise. I'd suggest paying the fees before going to the embassy but then there's a chance that you may be too late since I've heard it takes some time for you to get the permit. It'll be risky to wait any longer.

Also, a friend of mine who is also planning for Master's in Sweden went to the event organized my Swedish universities in Bangalore today and he was asked to bring some number(Not the control number which you get when you registered online) when going to the embassy. So, your best bet would be to talk to them to confirm what to bring.

Here's the number that I called
011 4419 7100

Also, the weather in Delhi is terrible right now. I couldn't wait to come back to Chennai even though chennai is pretty hot too.

05-20-2012 10:21 PM
vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-20-2012 10:21 PM)darklift Wrote:  @[vgovind23]
Hey, I think it'd be better if you give them a call and ask them. I paid the fees and they did ask for the invoice so I'm not sure if you can do it otherwise. I'd suggest paying the fees before going to the embassy but then there's a chance that you may be too late since I've heard it takes some time for you to get the permit. It'll be risky to wait any longer.

Also, a friend of mine who is also planning for Master's in Sweden went to the event organized my Swedish universities in Bangalore today and he was asked to bring some number(Not the control number which you get when you registered online) when going to the embassy. So, your best bet would be to talk to them to confirm what to bring.

Here's the number that I called
011 4419 7100

Also, the weather in Delhi is terrible right now. I couldn't wait to come back to Chennai even though chennai is pretty hot too.

hi darklift thanks.. i spoke to them and they said i can report for biometrics without fees invoice also.

05-23-2012 01:03 PM
ravieruva Offline
Edulix Active Member

ravieruva Offline
Edulix Active Member

(04-30-2012 11:07 AM)darklift Wrote:  Thank you. Anyways, I just got a mail from the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi asking me to visit and submit my Biometrics. They also asked me to bring the originals of the files I attached in the online app which is the Passport, Bank Statement and Admission letter.

Have you guys got the call yet? If so, when are you planning to go?

darklift- when did you apply for the residence permit ?

That was pretty fast man !
05-23-2012 11:02 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 4
ravieruva
Applied online on April 28th. Got the email asking me to visit the embassy on the next day. Went to the embassy on May 17th

05-24-2012 01:17 PM
ochaninja Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ochaninja Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-24-2012 01:17 PM)darklift Wrote:  @[ravieruva]
Applied online on April 28th. Got the email asking me to visit the embassy on the next day. Went to the embassy on May 17th

Hey Darklift,

After you submitted your documents, did you get in tracking number.

I got a case id but do not know where to track.

With Regards,
Ochaninja
05-24-2012 02:16 PM
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-24-2012 02:16 PM)ochaninja Wrote:  
(05-24-2012 01:17 PM)darklift Wrote:  @[ravieruva]

Hey Darklift,

After you submitted your documents, did you get in tracking number.

I got a case id but do not know where to track.

With Regards,
Ochaninja

I got a control number. I recieved a case number from the embassy. But when i try to track the number at migration board website it turns up nuthing. I am confused too.
05-24-2012 09:52 PM
chirayu.shah14 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

chirayu.shah14 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-13-2012 11:41 AM)sachin5101985 Wrote:  Hi Every 1
I have applied for the residence permit last thursday.
I directly went to the Embassy in New Delhi with all my docs without applying online.

The process was lengthy as I did not apply online (would suggest every 1 to first apply online and then go to Delhi).

First had an interview and submitted my docs and surprisingly the lady was tired (as she was the only 1 taking interviews all day) and was off as well. She told me just to provide her 2 copies of the application form, 2 fotos, admit letters, 10th passing certificate and SI scholarship offer thats it. I had taken a file of documents but she asked for none except the above mentioned. Later I had the Biometric and paid the courier charges (Rs 200). And do take change as they wont help u in getting the change due to a large rush at the embassy.

Finally I had all my work done and the lady said that I would get my Permit in about 8 weeks.

Do reach the embassy atleast 1 hour earlier than the allotted timings as the queue gets longer and longer.

I am still struggling to contact students admitted to Communication Systems at KTH.
Neither is there a community on FB, Orkut or tweets. Pls do get in contact and let me know if any 1 is leaving From Delhi to Stockholm on 15th Aug(Welcome day at KTH).

Admits: KTH, Aalto, TU/Delt, NTU
Rejects: Chalmers, Helsinki, Tu/e
Awaited: NUS
Destination: KTH
Hi I have applied Online To the Embassy And got Email Regarding Timings of the Embassy For Biometrics. Do we need to take Prior Appointment Before going to Embassy For Biometrics
06-01-2012 04:17 PM
soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

soc Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Hi all,

Anyone admitted to SOC in Linkoping??

Regards
Rahul
06-01-2012 08:03 PM
sachin5101985 Offline
Edulix Active Member

sachin5101985 Offline
Edulix Active Member

No you need not take any prior appointment.
Just go the embassy with the relevant docs in the time window mentioned.

(06-01-2012 04:17 PM)chirayu.shah14 Wrote:  
I directly went to the Embassy in New Delhi with all my docs without applying online.

The process was lengthy as I did not apply online (would suggest every 1 to first apply online and then go to Delhi).

First had an interview and submitted my docs and surprisingly the lady was tired (as she was the only 1 taking interviews all day) and was off as well. She told me just to provide her 2 copies of the application form, 2 fotos, admit letters, 10th passing certificate and SI scholarship offer thats it. I had taken a file of documents but she asked for none except the above mentioned. Later I had the Biometric and paid the courier charges (Rs 200). And do take change as they wont help u in getting the change due to a large rush at the embassy.

Finally I had all my work done and the lady said that I would get my Permit in about 8 weeks.

Do reach the embassy atleast 1 hour earlier than the allotted timings as the queue gets longer and longer.

I am still struggling to contact students admitted to Communication Systems at KTH.
Neither is there a community on FB, Orkut or tweets. Pls do get in contact and let me know if any 1 is leaving From Delhi to Stockholm on 15th Aug(Welcome day at KTH).

Hi I have applied Online To the Embassy And got Email Regarding Timings of the Embassy For Biometrics. Do we need to take Prior Appointment Before going to Embassy For Biometrics
06-03-2012 11:21 AM
chirayu.shah14 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

chirayu.shah14 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Approx How much time does Swedish I.d Card takes to reach home after Biometrics? They didnt stamp on passport also!!

(06-03-2012 11:21 AM)sachin5101985 Wrote:  No you need not take any prior appointment.
Just go the embassy with the relevant docs in the time window mentioned.

(06-01-2012 04:17 PM)chirayu.shah14 Wrote:  

06-12-2012 10:21 AM
vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

vgovind23 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

How much time does it take to get RP once application/appeal has been registered by the Migration Board?

Has anyone got their permit yet?

06-13-2012 02:42 PM
ochaninja Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ochaninja Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(06-13-2012 02:42 PM)vgovind23 Wrote:  How much time does it take to get RP once application/appeal has been registered by the Migration Board?

Has anyone got their permit yet?

Mine is registerd yesterday and I heard from the migration officer
that the card could reach in 3 weeks from now.
06-14-2012 02:27 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread