Swedish Residence Permit For Studies
pradeepf Offline
Edulix Active Member

pradeepf Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Swedish Residence Permit For Studies
Edit: I forgot to update this thread on residence permit amidst all the work of visa,accommodation on my end.
Since I had subscribed to this thread I received an email when TO commented.I have one of my friends who applied offline for residence permit and I will update the thread once I get more information on it.

I have applied for Sweden residence permit and thought of sharing the procedure.

***Its high time now that you apply for residence permit as it will take atleast 2 months for the entire procedure***

There are two ways you can apply for Residence permit :

1. Online : Easiest way , no interview.
2. Offline : You need to go to embassy in person and give an informal interview.

---Applying Online---

Documents you need handy :

1. Notification of selection results.The one you get at universityadmissions.se in pdf format.

2. Passport pages (1,2,last page) scan.

3. Bank statement showing that there is 7300×20 SEK amount .
** The bank account should be in your name.Joint account with anyone is not accepted.
Joint account is accepted only with your wife and if both of you are going for studies.

The online application is very long and takes around 40 minutes to complete.At the end of the application you need to pay 1000SEK via visa/mastercard credit card.
After payment you will receive a receipt in you email inbox with a control number.You can use this control number while asking query to the embassy or consulate general.

---Applying Offline---

Updating

---Post filling online application---

After you have filled application and paid tuition fee and residence permit application fee then after a week or two you will get a message for migration board that your case has been settled.

---Biometrics---

For this you need to visit the "embassy of Sweden , New Delhi".You need to give fingerprints , photo and signature.There is no need to take an appointment.You can for this as soon as you have filled your application online and paid application fee.

You can go to Sweden embassy ,New Delhi on Mon,Thursday,Friday - 9-11 AM , Tues - 14-16 PM.

Infobank | Guide to InfoBank | Guide to Profile Evaluation

MTU | CU | USC | RIT | UFL | OH | SB | A&M

RUB | RWTH

Chalmers(Auto) | KTH(Vehicle)

Green = Admit , Red = Reject , Blue = Destination
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 01:45 PM by pradeepf.)
05-22-2013 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
wizmatic Offline
New Edulixian

wizmatic Offline
New Edulixian

RE: Swedish Residence Permit For Studies
I completed the online application but have not gone to the embassy to submit biometrics. I need to do this soon though.
05-28-2013 01:51 AM
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

Likes Given: 118
The Black Swan, should we add this one to some sticky?

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
07-19-2013 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The Black Swan Away
European Nerd

The Black Swan Away
European Nerd

Likes Given: 43
Yes T_O, since there are so many visa threads Think, I will better make an Index and sticky it.

Level -9
Prof Eval Guide|Univ Specific Index|ECE Specialization Thread| Elements of SOP

Instead of Tagging me for moving, locking and other thread moderations,
Use Reporting option please.

Destination: Erasmus Mundus Nano Program... or so dearly called the **Eruma Mundam** program by KJ & Meow

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so..."
07-19-2013 07:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

I hope this is the right place to post my query:

Does the source of funds for the Swedish residence permit matter? I mean, is it like the US experience, where unusual, large transactions in a small amount of time are looked upon as suspicious? Or is it like the German visa process, where it's like: 'put 8000 EUR in an account, doesn't matter where you get the money from' ?
(Not that I'm getting any money illegally, it's just that I don't have that much money right now!)

Also, has anyone applied for the permit using loan money? If so, what all documents needs to be shown to the bank to prove that the permit requirement is 7300*20 SEK?

And is a Swedish residence permit the same as a Swedish visa? The terminology is confusing.

billa, could you help?

Fall '14 applicant. Energy/Resources.

New to Edulix? Please fill your Infobank first!
Read the profile evaluation guidelines for Spring/Fall 2015.
Tag people like this: @[spiketospica]

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 09:57 PM by spiketospica.)
02-24-2014 09:56 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

spiketospica For Sweden and most of other EU countries, the amount needs to be in your personal account and the transactions do not matter very much. It does not matter if its a loan or not, it needs to be in your account.

Visa is only for the short term (up to 3 months), mainly for the visit purpose. It has lots of restrictions (eg. you cannot work or get social security number etc). While the Permit is the for the long term. You will get 1 year residence permit, which allows part time work, social security number etc.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
02-28-2014 05:17 PM
devmishra Offline
Edulix Frequent User

devmishra Offline
Edulix Frequent User

The Swedish Migration Boards website mentions that an insurance is required for completing the online application.

Can anyone shed more light on this requirement?
Is this some kind of special insurance which must fulfill certain criteria?
Does the university (in my case KTH) provide this insurance? I have heard that if you are applying for residence permit for >1year, then the university provides.
How ever as mine is a mobility program, I am only there in KTH for a year.

Any inputs on the above would be helpful.
Tagging seniors:
spiketospica
pradeepf

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Senna

My Infobank
05-13-2015 07:18 AM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

AFAIK, KTH provides insurance.

Fall '14 applicant. Energy/Resources.

New to Edulix? Please fill your Infobank first!
Read the profile evaluation guidelines for Spring/Fall 2015.
Tag people like this: @[spiketospica]

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
05-14-2015 04:36 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread