The A to Z about Visa policy in the European Union
coolredwine Offline
Edulix Frequent User

coolredwine Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: The A to Z about Visa policy in the European Union
(05-14-2015 05:56 PM)ddd17 Wrote:  Hi. @[coolredwine]See below.

Now, my question is, since I will be applying for an Italian visa and then converting it into a student resident permit, can I use the same to migrate and attend the 2nd semester to France? Or would I have to come back to India and then apply again?

No you cannot study in France with Italian visa or residence permit. During your semester in Italy, you will have to apply for French visa probably Category D Etudiant with OFII, which will be titre de sejour from a French Embassy or Consulate in Italy. After going to France, within 3 months you will need to do the OFII procedure, and they will put a sticker on your passport which will be your residence permit. Don't worry it won't be a problem. You won't need to come back to India in any case.

Also, since I graduate in France, but the port of entry is Italy, am I eligible for the student visa extension in France?

Visa extension depends on if you are studying for a French degree...which you are, so you should be eligible for that.

(05-11-2015 09:11 PM)coolredwine Wrote:  Alright, so I need a little help regarding the EU Visa.

I have been accepted in a French University. However, my first semester will take place in Turin, Italy and the second semester will take place in Paris, France. The degree will be awarded in Paris via the French Ministry.

Now, my question is, since I will be applying for an Italian visa and then converting it into a student resident permit, can I use the same to migrate and attend the 2nd semester to France? Or would I have to come back to India and then apply again?

Also, since I graduate in France, but the port of entry is Italy, am I eligible for the student visa extension in France?

Kindly help.

Thanks a lot. That definitely helps. Smile
05-15-2015 03:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
PerGadhi Offline
New Edulixian

PerGadhi Offline
New Edulixian

i'm getting residence visa "visto para residência" , they don't have similar names for categories as NL got. with this i can easily move in Europe only after coming to portugal.
i'm getting this for a period of 4 month . i would stay in PT for 3.5 months only before moving to Nottingham UK
12-03-2015 02:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

That's just a standard student visa (more or less).

You do need a separate UK visa to go to the UK, I hope you know that.

Fall '14 applicant. Energy/Resources.

New to Edulix? Please fill your Infobank first!
Read the profile evaluation guidelines for Spring/Fall 2015.
Tag people like this: @[spiketospica]

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
12-03-2015 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread