Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
RE: Compilation of German Visa Threads
Rogue

As anuragm already mentioned, you will have to apply for the work permit after coming to Berlin. The process has been already mentioned by him.

When many of my friends and seniors started their internships in other countries, they did not have to apply for the Visa again but had to apply for the residence permit (as they had to stay in the country for more than three months). So hopefully, it should be the same process for you too as PhD positions are considered as full-time jobs.

08-19-2015 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rogue Offline
Administrator

Rogue Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 6
Okay, I got some mails from the HR at Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin today. For some reason I was surprised they said that I do not require a Work Permit because it is a National Research Laboratory it seems. So, they mentioned that I have to do nothing at the German Consulate in the Netherlands. Once my work contract is made, they will assist me with the residence permit application in Germany. They also mentioned that since I have a valid Dutch residence permit, it is okay and I don't need to do anything at the embassy in the Netherlands. I am a bit surprised because it sounds a bit different from the suggestions put down here. But I suppose the HR and the PhD coordinators at Helmholtz have an idea of what they are talking about. So, I guess I will stay put and wait for further communication from them.

But thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers Smile

PhD, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie(HZB)
ChemE|UG internships|Profile|EU Visas
08-20-2015 02:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
tank21 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

tank21 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
scofield1144 ritz90

I have query about affidavit for showing funding for the second year for German Visa

I will be applying for visa from bangalore consulate.

My Questions are
1) Do Bangalore consulate ask for showing funds for Second year?
2) If Yes, then how can i show it, if i myself funding for second year (through my savings+FD etc) and not taking any help from parents.

I know that if our parents are funding then we can show affidavit from parents mentioning account numbers and all.

But what is the procedure if i am funding myself, showing just FD receipts and bank statements will do?

Thanks!!
06-02-2016 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread