COMMAS University of Stuttgart App 2015
ronybony90 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ronybony90 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: COMMAS University of Stuttgart App 2015
(04-30-2015 03:13 AM)yass3r37 Wrote:  any of you guys have a good knowledge of the University. I have the basic knowledge but I never been there so I was wondering how it is. Don't know anyone in it either! got admitted but doubting my choices as I am waiting for reply from TUM (come) then I can decide if I want TUM or COMMAS.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Hey yass3r37 Congrats on your admit ApplauseApplause

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been busy for the last few days.

Yass, I have never been to Germany too so I will try to give my two cents based on the information gathered in edulix and over the net. Stuttgart Uni is a very good Uni and the COMMAS course very well reputed. This can be confirmed by the fact that European Union has recognized this course and incorporated Erasmus Mundus programme into it ( which runs parallel to the COMMAS course in the 2nd year of the study).

On the other hand TUM is much more reputed uni. Generally speaking most students will go to TUM Comp. Eng. if they get a admit. But this depends entirely upon you, since you will have to take a closer look in the course structure and other factors to make your decision. From what I have heard from seniors, Munich is much costlier city and getting accommodation may sometimes become pricey. But hey scores of other students have managed to find cheap accommodation in the past; so will you. WinkWink

I will be tagging the present seniors in both Stuttgart Uni and TUM; who can give a much more accurate picture than me. My suggestion is to write down your specific questions point-wise, so that it becomes easier for the seniors to answer them.

Tagging ritz90 for TUM
jsravya for Stuttgart

Seniors may also add any active edulixian senior for Stuttgart Uni
05-03-2015 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ritz90 Offline
Edulix Active Member

ritz90 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(05-03-2015 10:21 PM)ronybony90 Wrote:  
(04-30-2015 03:13 AM)yass3r37 Wrote:  any of you guys have a good knowledge of the University. I have the basic knowledge but I never been there so I was wondering how it is. Don't know anyone in it either! got admitted but doubting my choices as I am waiting for reply from TUM (come) then I can decide if I want TUM or COMMAS.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Hey yass3r37 Congrats on your admit ApplauseApplause

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been busy for the last few days.

Yass, I have never been to Germany too so I will try to give my two cents based on the information gathered in edulix and over the net. Stuttgart Uni is a very good Uni and the COMMAS course very well reputed. This can be confirmed by the fact that European Union has recognized this course and incorporated Erasmus Mundus programme into it ( which runs parallel to the COMMAS course in the 2nd year of the study).

On the other hand TUM is much more reputed uni. Generally speaking most students will go to TUM Comp. Eng. if they get a admit. But this depends entirely upon you, since you will have to take a closer look in the course structure and other factors to make your decision. From what I have heard from seniors, Munich is much costlier city and getting accommodation may sometimes become pricey. But hey scores of other students have managed to find cheap accommodation in the past; so will you. WinkWink

I will be tagging the present seniors in both Stuttgart Uni and TUM; who can give a much more accurate picture than me. My suggestion is to write down your specific questions point-wise, so that it becomes easier for the seniors to answer them.

Tagging @[ritz90] for TUM
jsravya for Stuttgart

Seniors may also add any active edulixian senior for Stuttgart Uni

Well both TUM & Stuttgart Uni are reputed. I don't know much about these courses. Well Munich is costly mostly with the accommodations. But if you register for the student dorms the day it opens, you could have a room before you start your studies.

My Infobank | My VI |
Infobank Tutorial
------------------
Summer 2015 (MSc)
---------------------------
TU Munich - Informatics | Saarland University - CS & VC | TU Kaiserslautern - CS
Erasmus Mundus Master's Programme in Security and Mobile Computing (NordSec)
Tag me for CS profiles for Germany
05-03-2015 11:21 PM
yass3r37 Offline
New Edulixian

yass3r37 Offline
New Edulixian

ronybony90 thanks a lot for the detailed reply! I actually needed this so I really appreciate it. I just got admitted to TUM a few minutes ago and I am pretty excited. I am gonna start intensive research for the two unis to find out the better choice. Reputation wise I am obviously inclined to go to TUM but I will be having a very close look now at both.

ritz90 Thanks for your input. How much is the cost of the accommodation in general? an estimate would be good. Also how can I apply for a dorm room? does it work online? and any link on the website for the date the registration for the dorms opens? the website is a little ambiguous so apologies for those questions. I just got admitted so I am trying to figure things out early!

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the input
05-05-2015 10:58 PM
ritz90 Offline
Edulix Active Member

ritz90 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(05-05-2015 10:58 PM)yass3r37 Wrote:  @[ronybony90] thanks a lot for the detailed reply! I actually needed this so I really appreciate it. I just got admitted to TUM a few minutes ago and I am pretty excited. I am gonna start intensive research for the two unis to find out the better choice. Reputation wise I am obviously inclined to go to TUM but I will be having a very close look now at both.

@[ritz90] Thanks for your input. How much is the cost of the accommodation in general? an estimate would be good. Also how can I apply for a dorm room? does it work online? and any link on the website for the date the registration for the dorms opens? the website is a little ambiguous so apologies for those questions. I just got admitted so I am trying to figure things out early!

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the input

The rents for private rooms are in the range of 350-450 for a decently sized furnished apartment that is not too far from the city. Deposit varies from 1-3 months rent. For the student dorms, its in the range of 250-350 for a single furnished room / studio apartment. Deposit is not more than 400.
You can find the details for the online application at http://www.studentenwerk-muenchen.de/en/...o-i-apply/ There is also a raffle for the rooms in winter. The application opens on 15th May. Do apply there at the earliest, if possible on 15th midnight European time. You can also apply to some of the private halls of residence. You can find a few on TUM website and the studenwerk website. They also have deadlines. Check them and apply early if you are interested. They are cheaper than private rooms generally.

My Infobank | My VI |
Infobank Tutorial
------------------
Summer 2015 (MSc)
---------------------------
TU Munich - Informatics | Saarland University - CS & VC | TU Kaiserslautern - CS
Erasmus Mundus Master's Programme in Security and Mobile Computing (NordSec)
Tag me for CS profiles for Germany
05-06-2015 01:56 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread