offtogerrmany Offline
Edulix Frequent User

offtogerrmany Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
Am i late for German application
Hi Friends,

I shall be applying to German Universities for winter 2015. I hope to complete the application process by 15th -20th May. Please help me understand if i shall be getting the admits just in time to apply for the visa by 15th July.

Thanks

05-04-2015 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jonglindawj Offline
New Edulixian

jonglindawj Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
RE: Am i late for German application
I'd suggest you to hasten up if you want to make it in time.

Winter semester in Germany usually starts in October and there might be a need to arrive in Germany earlier than that for re-registration at the particular university, orientation, managing your bank account etc, while from what I heard the processing of German visa may range from merely 3 weeks to 3 months if you're unlucky.

Additionally, you may want to pay attention for the application deadline of the university. Some are in May and some are in July, but some others have even been closed already on last March or April. The application processing time also differs, depending on the university.

Let's assume that the application process is around 1 month and add that with the worst case of visa waiting time of 3 months, that means you may want to submit all the documents for university application at least 4 months before the lecture starts. Also remember that the faster you finish all this preparation stuff, the less stressful you'll be.
05-04-2015 06:36 PM
offtogerrmany Offline
Edulix Frequent User

offtogerrmany Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 3
Thanks jonglindawj for this valuable info.

I am done with all the required documents such as transcripts, LORs and SOPs. Just waiting for my IELTS TRF to be delivered (expected by 13th May). However, i talked to a couple of universities with 15th May deadline and they have asked me to create application without official IELTS score and share it with them when it arrives.

I shall complete application process for the Universities with 15th july as dealine by 20th may at worst. would it be a safe expectation that the results of atleast a few of the universities shall be available by 30th june.

05-04-2015 07:07 PM
jonglindawj Offline
New Edulixian

jonglindawj Offline
New Edulixian

I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid that I don't know that much to say whether it's safe or not, since I don't really know the average application processing time. Mine took 6 weeks, while I found other people applying to different university had to wait longer than that. Moreover, there are universities which start the selection only after the deadline of the application submission. Maybe you can search around the admit/reject sessions in this forum or other forums to know how long the universities you applied to decide on admission/rejection.
05-04-2015 09:28 PM
ha256764 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

ha256764 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

(05-04-2015 04:22 PM)offtogerrmany Wrote:  Hi Friends,

I shall be applying to German Universities for winter 2015. I hope to complete the application process by 15th -20th May. Please help me understand if i shall be getting the admits just in time to apply for the visa by 15th July.

Thanks

offtogerrmany

For some universities the deadline is already over. But you can still apply for some other universities like TUD, Kaiserlautern, I guess. You will have to do it quickly. The student visa won't take up to 3 months. You generally get it within 1 month. But there are a lot of other formalities. So better hurry up!

My Infobank

Tag me only for German universities(CS profile).

RWTH Aachen | TU Darmstadt | TU Chemnitz | FH Kiel | Saarland University

Rate here
05-04-2015 11:30 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread