gauravchingale Offline
Edulix Frequent User

gauravchingale Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RWTH versus TU Delft- Electrical Power
Hello Everyone,

I have received an admit to RWTH Aachen and TU Delft for the masters course in Power systems.
Can anyone please enlighten me on the job prospects in both the universities? Also, let us keep the financial aspect aside. Because as we know RWTH course has zero tuition fee, so it will always have that edge over TU Delft.

I want some insights over job opportunities, type of research and quality of program and life in respective countries.
Your kind opinions are welcome....

P.S.: I dont know German...
05-08-2015 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gauravchingale Offline
Edulix Frequent User

gauravchingale Offline
Edulix Frequent User

RE: RWTH versus TU Delft- Electrical Power
Tagging seniors
spiketospica
05-08-2015 09:20 PM
anuragm Away

anuragm Away

Likes Given: 10
Generally speaking, no. Both places will not limit your options when it comes to job offers. Employers in Europe will not usually ask restrict applications based on their location but there may be certain language requirements with an advertised position. So you will not be at a disadvantage at either of these places. The only thing I can think of is that studying in Germany will force you to learn at least basic German which will be quite handy especially because some employers tend to advertise in German even when the position does not specifically require it.

Obviously both of these places are quite reputed ones. It will probably not make any sense to compare these two based on their perceived research quality. You should instead look for the specific research topics being investigated at both Aachen and Delft. This should give you a better idea about which place is a better fit for according to your interests. This information is made available on the webpages of the relevant research groups.

Tagging Rogue and antidive for you. They may be able to give you more specific answers.

05-09-2015 05:59 PM
Rogue Offline
Administrator

Rogue Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 6
Reputation wise there is hardly any difference between the two universities since both are Idea League schools, meaning they belong to the league of elite schools in Europe. I think I would agree with anurag and suggest you to look at the curriculum and the research themes in both these schools and then choose accordingly.

I have nothing more to add as such.

Since I am not from Electrical, I can not give you a detailed perspective about job scenario but yes the market isn't as bad as it has been projected.

PhD, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie(HZB)
ChemE|UG internships|Profile|EU Visas
05-09-2015 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gauravchingale Offline
Edulix Frequent User

gauravchingale Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Thanks a ton anuragm for such a nice explanation. Also thanks Rogue ....
I will do the same thing now. I will peruse through the onging research at both the places and then probably take a call. Thanks a lot for your inputs....
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 11:07 AM by gauravchingale.)
05-10-2015 11:07 AM
antidive Offline

antidive Offline

gauravchingale I think anuragm and Rogue have given you clear helpful answers, I've nothing much to add.

For future applicants, I'd like to add that it is always a good idea to check out the current research happening in the university and mention it in your 'Statement of Purpose' during application.

"So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty."

Filling your Infobank | Learning German - Resources Index | Compilation of German Visa Threads
05-10-2015 02:38 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread