Poll: Where do you want to go for MS?
Europe
US
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Europe vs US
sid_tech Offline
Edulix Active Member

sid_tech Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Europe vs US
how about MS from a decent University in US. and then Phd from a good university in Europe?
i have average profile,therefore it will be easier for me to get into decent university in US and build a good profile here and then apply for Phd in countries like sweden,germany,finland norway where there are chances of getting full funding.

11-23-2013 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
das_german Offline
Edulix Senior Member

das_german Offline
Edulix Senior Member

sid_tech PhDs in the above countries you mentioned, I'd say you need to be really well endowed in your technical skills in getting a good to decent place in the top universities in the countries you mentioned.

Sweden -KTH, Chalmers etc are top and tough nut to crack
Germany - TUM and the likes, they are a tough nut to crack too.
Finland - Aalto University and the likes.
Norway - University of Oslo.

If you are good enough I'm sure you can get funding anywhere. It doesn't matter which country or university you come from. Period.

DAAD Website. Period.
12-19-2013 05:09 AM
Knuckle Head Offline
New Edulixian

Knuckle Head Offline
New Edulixian

Hello friends,

I'm a newbie here, and I was recommended this forum by a close friend. I've been having some issues in finding enough information regarding immigrating to Germany. And my friend directed me to this thread.

I'm 22 years old, I'm doing B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering. My 4th and last year is about to begin in August. I've 64% in my B.Tech degree till 5th semester (awaiting 6th semester result). So I've been wanting to ask if anybody could help me out in doing an MS in Germany with the goal of getting a permanent residency in Germany. Like what exactly should I do now? Gain 1 year of work experience in my subject related field and then go to Germany? Or go directly for MS after my Undegraduate course is over?

I've an interest in becoming a Database Administrator or try my hand in Big Data Analytics job, as an Analyst or Big Data scientist or a Hadoop developer guy. Can you guys really help me out? Also, isn't there any permanent visa type of provision for Germany like that of Australia? Where you have to earn 65 points to be able to gain a permanent residency directly after applying for the Skilled-sponsored visa (I guess?).

Would really be helpful if you guys help me out here.
07-02-2014 07:34 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Knuckle Head

Spend some time on reading the stickies i.e. Important threads in the EU forum.

If you are more inclined towards Germany then read the following thread

http://www.edulix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=156604

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
07-02-2014 07:55 PM
masterspassion Offline
Edulix Active Member

masterspassion Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 7

I love Edulixing
How to fill Infobank
Important thread for all new users
Search on EDOOGLE

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't
08-11-2015 01:33 AM
sohamray Offline
New Edulixian

sohamray Offline
New Edulixian

Hello

I am thrilled to land admits from TU Delft and Carnegie Mellon for MS in Material Science and Engineering. It is a difficult choice and I was hoping to get all the information I could before making an informed decision.

1) I have compared the course structure of CMU and Delft and I am more inclined towards Delft. CMU offers a huge list of courses from which you have to choose as compared to Delft which I find more structured. I would like to know if the coursework at Delft is comprehensive enough. Do the professors rush through the important stuff?

2) CMU 's course timeline is for a one year. I have read in Delft it might extend up to 2.5 years due to thesis project dragging longer. Is a 1 year course too rushed? What is the graduation time in Delft for this track?

3) I have read that landing RA/TA/ Part time job in US is easier and better paying. Considering that I have managed to impress my prof and have an elementary proficiency in Dutch, what are my chances of getting a RA (or Student Assistantship) or a paid internship?

4) Is the whole 'Dutch preference' notion for jobs true? What is the current job situation in NL for this specialization? Who are my potential employers?

5) I have read that NL can be hostile to immigrants and the Dutch are difficult to bond with. I am very social and open to different cultures. Despite that, I don't want to stay in a place where I remain alienated. I the situation indeed so?
02-21-2016 12:18 AM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 2
sohamray Welcome to Edulix and congratulations for your admits. Please fill you Infobank first and then post your query in a new thread for better visibility and response.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
VI Experience | Computer Science Course Page Link | Infobank Tutorial
Please tag in posts for answers.
02-21-2016 01:02 AM
sohamray Offline
New Edulixian

sohamray Offline
New Edulixian

(02-21-2016 01:02 AM)cneha1991 Wrote:  @[sohamray] Welcome to Edulix and congratulations for your admits. Please fill you Infobank first and then post your query in a new thread for better visibility and response.

I have updated the infobank as advised. Thanks!
02-21-2016 03:14 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread